BBC News | Middle East | World Edition

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week 3: Assignment 1...Modern Life in Turkey



Here is a video and also an image I might use in creating a multimedia story on life in Turkey. I want to focus on rural life in the East of Turkey and I want to show how things have changed in the context of increased globalization. I hope to show this to show the contrast between tradition and modernity. For example, the family business maintains old production methods while the children use the internet. This is very basic but, something like this is what I hope to ultimately produce.

 As such I would use photos like this to tell a lot of my story. I want to focus on people and profile the lives they lead. A day-in-the-life kind of story is what I hope to produce. To show change over time I would like to use some historical images in the video in the way similar to the Turkish video below. I  really want to get some good quality sound to mix and plan to bring a recorder for this purpose.

In particular I want to focus on life in Mardin and other villages like it in Southeastern Turkey because I don't speak Turkish. In Mardin I know there is a large Arabic speaking community and it is very ethnically diverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment